The V Mini Marathon Maritime Museum of Ílhavo takes place on 11 August and reconnects the Maritime Museum of Ílhavo to the Ship Museum Santo André. The event is part of the Cod Festival programme. This edition is again characterized by a pedestrian night run with a distance of about 10 km. This initiative also fulfills social objectives, given that its revenue will revert to a local intitution.
All interested parties may participate, provided that they meet the necessary physical conditions, are duly registered and comply with the conditions of the Participation Rules.
The V Mini Marathon Maritime Museum is divided into the following age groups:
- Young people 18/34 - male and female (18 to 34 years old)
- VET 35/55 - Male and female veterans (aged 35-54)
- VET 55 - Male and female veterans (from 55 onwards)
The registration period runs until August 8, 2018, and must be made through the online ticket office, not being accepted by e-mail or telephone, and subject to the following values:
- 1st deadline: until June 29 - € 8.00, without flashlight, or € 13.00, flashlight included;
- 2nd deadline: until July 31 - € 10.00, without flashlight, or € 15,00, flashlight included;
- 3rd term: from 1 to 8 August - € 12.00, without flashlight, or € 17.00, flashlight included.
Entries made up to June 30 will have the names personalized with the name of the athlete.
The value of the enrollment will revert in favor of a social solidarity institution to be defined.
The Municipality of Ílhavo, located at Av. 25 de Abril, 3830-044 Ílhavo, through the Maritime Museum of Ílhavo, will promote, on August 11, 2018, a pedestrian race in the area, of approximately 10 Km, designated "V Mini Marathon Maritime Museum of Ílhavo - Cod Race", destined to federated or not, without distinction of sex or nationality, after being duly registered. The event is part of the program of the 2018 Cod Festival, promoted by the Municipality of Ílhavo, within the scope of the Festivals of the Municipality of Mar Agosto.
The program includes a pedestrian night race with a distance of about 10 km, beginning at 22h15m, in Maritime Museum of Ílhavo (Av. Dr. Rocha Madahil in Ílhavo) and arriving at Ship Museum Santo André (Jardim Oudinot, Gafanha da Nazaré).
The IV Mini Marathon Maritime Museum of Ílhavo - Cod Race will have a maximum duration of 2h00. After this time, the athletes who are still on the course will be collected.
All interested, regardless of sex or nationality, may participate, provided that they meet the necessary physical conditions, are duly registered and comply with the conditions of the Participation Rules. The IV Mini Marathon Maritime Museum of Ílhavo - Cod Race on the road is intended for participants of both genders and the following age groups:
- General male and female - From 18 to 34 years old
- VET 35/55 - Male and female veterans (aged 35-54)
- VET 55 - Male and female veterans (From 55 onwards)
The registration period runs until August 8, 2018, and the registration is personal and non-transferable, unless duly authorized by the organization. In case of cancellation of the registration there will be no refund of the value of the same, except under the conditions referred to in point 6.
Entries can only be made through the online ticket office (http://ilhavo.bilheteiraonline.pt/) or in another process provided by the organization, being subject to the following values:
- 1st term: up to June 29, 2018 - 8,00€, without flashlight or 13.00€, flashlight included
- 2nd term: up to 31 July 2018 - 10.00€ without flashlight or 15.00€, flashlight included
- 3 term: from 1 to 8 August 2017 - 12,00€, without flashlight or 17.00€, flashlight included
The registration fee includes the VAT rate; The registration fee shall be allocated to the Community Center of Gafanha do Carmo. The limit of participants is set at 999 (nine hundred and ninety-nine participants). No registrations will be accepted by e-mail or phone. Registrations made until the day June 30, 2018 will have the custom dorsal with the athlete's name.
6. Cancellation of registrations
Registrations can be canceled, however there will be no refund of the amount paid, except for reasons justified by medical certificate to present to the day of the race. It is however possible until July 15, 2017 to proceed to the substitution of name, if duly authorized by the organization.
7. Delivery of the runner kit
The delivery of runner kits of participation will be realized in the Maritime Museum of Ílhavo, in the following address:
Av. Dr. Rocha Madahíl 3830-193 ÍLHAVO
Tel: (+351) 234 329 990
Fax: (+351) 234 321 797
GPS: N 40º 36'16.11''| O 08 39'57.65''
For delivery of the runner Kit the participant should pay attention:
- The delivery of the runner Kit will be made upon presentation of the document proving the payment. The athlete must carry the Identity Card / Citizen Card / Passport for proof in case of doubt, age or identification;
- The delivery of the kits should be done individually. There will only be delivering of kits by thirds upon presentation of proof of payment signed by the holder;
- After the race there will be no delivery of kits, sweaters or any other gift;
- The number received in the runner kit must be placed in the front of the sweater and can not be removed until the finish line is crossed.
The delivery of the numbers will be carried out on the following days:
- On 9 and 10 August, from 10.00 to 18.00;
- On August 11, from 14.00 to 19.00. Athletes are required to wear the number placed on the chest in a visible manner.
Each of the participants is obliged to wear the number placed on the chest in a visible way, fixed at the ends by lady's pins. People without a number at the chest will be invited by members of the organization or by the police forces to abandon the course of the race, and are denied access to the finish line. The athletes participating in the IV Mini Marathon of the Maritime Museum of Ílhavo - Cod Race are obliged to use a timing chip to be supplied by the organization inserted in the dorsal itself, not being able to bend, knead or tear the dorsal that contains the device under the risk of not being timed. Participating athletes are required to wear a flashlight on the head / front for marking to be visible and for their safety.
All participating athletes, duly registered, are covered by a personal accident insurance policy, with the coverage provided in DL Nº 10/2009 of 12 January, and the organization is not responsible for any other risks than those covered by the mentioned policy.
10. Medical assistance
Participants must meet necessary health conditions to practice sports. Upon enrollment, they assume that they feel physically and psychologically prepared for the physical effort inherent in the test in which they will participate. The organization has structured a health care service, although it will not be responsible for any accident that may occur during this sporting event. For better health care, athletes are advised to fill in the full name, emergency contact and any medical details they think appropriate on the back of the number. There will be an ambulance that will give all possible emergency support.
In order to discipline the athletes and the traffic of people and vehicles throughout the race, there will be forces of public order, volunteers identified and elements of the organization to whom all collaboration must be given.
The supplies will be provided by the organization: there will be a supply in the 5 km as well as at the end.
The following shall be disqualified, or invited to leave, by the organization:
- Do not present in good physical condition;
- Do not present the number prominently in the chest;
- Do not show the flashlight;
- Do not follow the course in full;
- Damage the number;
- Do not respect the organization's indications;
- Show anti-sport behavior;
- Likewise, the security authorities shall oblige them to leave the course, those who travel by bicycle, skates or other means of transportation.
14. Image Rights
By participating in the event, the participant authorizes the transfer, free of charge and unconditional of the rights of use of his image to the organization of the event. These rights may be transferred to thirds, provided they are authorized by the organization itself, and include videos, photographs, images, recordings or any other record of this event.
There will be prizes for the top three male and female classified and an electronic presence certificate for all participants, it is possible to download the same. There is only trophy for the first classified by rank / gender. Prizes will be awarded at the podium ceremony. Their delivery is valid only on the day of the race, so the athletes who are entitled to it must claim it only and exclusively on the day of the race.
Any claim will only be accepted if written, and if made within 20 minutes after the conclusion of the event.
17. Cancelling of the Event
The cancelling of the event can be motivated by factors external to the organization: Natural disasters, Strikes, Manifesations, inability to use traffic routes, inability to use telecommunications, government restrictions, new legislation. If the event is canceled, anticipated, postponed and changed due to circumstances beyond the control of the Organization (such as adverse weather or Civil Protection alerts), the Organization can not be held liable for any inconvenience, expense , costs, loss or damage suffered by the participants. In case there are no technical and / or safety conditions to carry out the event, the organization reserves the right to transfer or cancel the event, which will be decided on the day of the event.
18. Omitted cases
All cases not covered by these rules will be the subject of deliberation of the direction of the race, with the rules and the General Rules of Competitions of the Portuguese Athletics Federation and the IAAF - International Association of Athletics Federation.
Any participant when making their registration, tacitly accepts these Rules of Participation.
CONTACTS / INFORMATION
GABINETE DE DESPORTO
Edifício da Câmara Municipal de Ílhavo
Avenida 25 de Abril
Tel +351 234 329 679
MARITIME MUSEUM OF ÍLHAVO
Avenida Dr. Rocha Madahíl
Tel +351 234 329 990